When you’re hiring plant and equipment, it’s important that you have adequate hired in plant insurance in place to cover against loss or damage. As your one stop solution, YardLynk offers HireGuard – a short term plant hire insurance package from the Hire Association of Europe (HAE), specifically designed to meet your needs. HireGuard is available for only 15% of the hire rate of the equipment, which you can conveniently add during the booking process.
Features and Benefits of Hired In Plant Insurance
- Covers physical loss or damage at any situation in the UK, including whilst in transit between such situations.
- A limit of liability up to £150,000 for any one occurrence, with no single article limit.
- Full replacement value for all equipment up to 24 months old.
Up to £500
£5001 and over
- Policy excess
- Continuing hire charges and any loss which happens as a direct result of an event for which you are insured
- Loss or damage to cutting edges (other than diamond cutting systems), tools, trailing cables, flexible pipes other than:
- when such loss or damage results during operation of the complete item of Insured Property when such loss or damage results from the total loss of the complete item or items of Insured Property
- when such attachment is a separate item specified on a Contract Note
- when it is a standard part of the equipment package supplied and cannot in normal circumstances be omitted from such equipment package
- Loss or damage whilst in or on a vehicle unless:
- all doors are locked and windows/openings are closed and securely fastened whilst unattended
- property is securely mounted or fixed to the vehicle or kept in a suitable container whilst in transit
- Loss or damage due to:
- cleaning or failure to clean and conduct of routine maintenance of the property
- breakdown or breakdown prior to commissioning or wear and tear
- willful act or neglect
- Any difference between any claim payment and any sum payable under Hire Association Europe (HAE) Terms and Conditions
- Loss or damage due to Fraud or Dishonesty of Employees
- Equipment not collected 5 days after being officially accepted as “off hire” (excluding Sundays and Bank Holidays)
- Inventory losses and unexplained losses
- Loss or damage to brittle items unless loss or damage of the consignment occurs during the operations of packaged pending loading or transit, during loading, transit or unloading of packaged pending unloading
- Legal liability for injury to third parties or damage to their property
- Loss by fraud or theft if security procedures have not been undertaken as specified
- Consequential loss or loss of continuing hire charges
- Loss or damage caused by multiple lifts which are not carried out in accordance with BS7121
- Pollution or change in water table