Short Term Plant Hire Insurance
Critical insurance coverage designed specifically for the hire industry
When you’re hiring plant and equipment, it’s important that you have adequate insurance in place to cover against loss or damage. As your one stop solution, YardLynk offers HireGuard – a short term plant hire insurance package from the Hire Association of Europe (HAE), specifically designed to meet your needs. HireGuard is available for only 15% of the hire rate of the equipment, which you can conveniently add during the booking process.
Features and Benefits:
- Covers physical loss or damage at any situation in the UK, including whilst in transit between such situations.
- A limit of liability up to £100,000 for any one occurrence, with no single article limit.
- Full replacement value for all equipment up to 24 months old.
Claim Value Excess
Up to £500 £25
£5001 and over £500
- Policy excess
- Continuing hire charges and any loss which happens as a direct result of an event for which you are insured
Loss or damage to cutting edges (other than diamond cutting systems), tools, trailing cables, flexible pipes other than:
- when such loss or damage results during operation of the complete item of Insured Property when such loss or damage results from the total loss of the complete item or items of Insured Property
- when such attachment is a separate item specified on a Contract Note
- when it is a standard part of the equipment package supplied and cannot in normal circumstances be omitted from such equipment package
Loss or damage whilst in or on a vehicle unless:
- all doors are locked and windows/openings are closed and securely fastened whilst unattended
- property is securely mounted or fixed to the vehicle or kept in a suitable container whilst in transit
Loss or damage due to:
- cleaning or failure to clean and conduct of routine maintenance of the property
- breakdown or breakdown prior to commissioning or wear and tear
- willful act or neglect
- Any difference between any claim payment and any sum payable under Hire Association Europe (HAE) Terms and Conditions
- Loss or damage due to Fraud or Dishonesty of Employees
- Equipment not collected 72 hours after being officially accepted as “off hire” (excluding Sundays and Bank Holidays)
- Inventory losses and unexplained losses
- Loss or damage to brittle items unless loss or damage of the consignment occurs during the operations of packaged pending loading or transit, during loading, transit or unloading of packaged pending unloading
- Legal liability for injury to third parties or damage to their property
- Loss by fraud or theft if security procedures have not been undertaken as specified
- Consequential loss or loss of continuing hire charges
- Loss or damage caused by multiple lifts which are not carried out in accordance with BS7121
- Pollution or change in water table
For more information on our short term plant hire insurance, please get in touch by calling 0203 642 5223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is hired in plant insurance?
Hired in plant insurance covers you for a range of situations that might arise while you have hired tools or plant equipment.
Why do I need hired in short-term plant insurance?
Most reputable hire companies will require you to have some form of plant insurance. While small tools and equipment may only cost a few pounds to replace large plant such as mini diggers and telehandlers can cost more than £15,000. To protect you from replacement and repair costs, insurance is critical and provides peace of mind should something go wrong while the equipment is onsite
I only need insurance can Yardlynk help?
Yes. Many customers come to us when they have found a hire company with the right equipment but don’t provide insurance. In these situations, we can work with the hire company to provide the insurance. Call us on 020 3642 5223 for more information.
What is covered?
Please view the features and benefits section above.
What is not covered?
Please view principle exclusions section above.
How much does it cost and how do I receive a quote?
If you only require insurance for a short period, i.e., to cover a digger or dumper for 1-8 weeks, it is automatically added when hiring with yardlynk and cost 15% of the hire cost for the duration of the hire. Alternatively, plant hire insurance can be purchased annually from various online companies. The cost of annual cover will depend on the cover provided the total cover amount.
What happens if I need to claim?
In the event of a claim, yardlynk will work with the customer and supplier to make a claim and arrange the necessary admin.
How quickly will I be covered?
Immediately! When you book with Yardlynk, the insurance becomes valid immediately. The equipment is covered while in transit to and from your job site.
Is plant and machinery insurance for businesses only?
No. If you are a private individual, you can take out this insurance.
Will I have to complete a long form?
No. If hiring through yardlynk.com, all hires automatically include short-term plant insurance as standard. No lengthy forms.
What type of equipment can be insured?
Sounds great, what next?
Book your equipment through Yardlynk.com with peace of mind that insurance is included or give us a call on 020 3642 5223